View Single Post
Old 05-27-19, 05:35 PM
cook.gwc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by friendofpugs
Hi, and welcome to C&V. If you tell us your height/inseam and what size bike you think you need, we can scour CL for you and pick out the best options if you want to go vintage. Making armchair recommendations is what we do best. Of those you listed, I'd recommend the Trek as a great entry into the C&V world - well built machines that don't cost an arm and a leg.
I am 5'11", with a 35" inseam. I live in the chicago area, and my original budget was around $100 and then another $50 to spend fixing it up/tricking it out, but that seems to be a little bit too low for anything decent around here. I found a LeTour that I like for $125, so I will still have a bit of money to modify it if I go for that one. There is also a nice traveler from the same seller which is also 125, but I much prefer the look of the LeTour they are selling over the traveler. The Trek Tri (it seems you are a bit biased in choosing that looking at the bike history) is $155, so it will be a bit of a stretch, which is why I am a bit iffy on that choice.