View Single Post
Old 08-05-19, 04:32 PM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rstyle
Well....concerned about side effect of impotence with .proscar and retrograde ejaculation with Flomax.......but when you have to pee, you have to pee.........and neither one affects cycling.

I have hopes for prostate embolization. Very promising studies but not enough time to determine long term effect. Theoretically, ( my opinion), in addition to destroying large parts of the gland, shrinking it and relieving BPH, you would think that decreasing the volume of prostatic tissue you would decrease the chances of an individual developing cancer
I should have mentioned / added no impotence issue on Proscar or any other issues for that matter... I've got hair but thinner than long ago, however that's one side effect of proscar I wouldn't mind experiencing but haven't seen!

I've first read about prostate embolization about a year ago. That one stands out and holds promise of a real viable alternative treatment. It's minimally invasive, non surgical and out patient (from what I've read). Like you I'd like to see some long term results of it though.