Old 12-02-18, 09:01 AM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
That's the bottom line. Look around at the huge number of e-scooters in just the past few months. The Atlanta Beltline looks like a e-scooter infection run amok with thousands of new faces that wouldn't be caught dead "exercising" but don't mind at all holding down a button and riding around.
As someone who uses a regular non-electric kick scooter, I can say for certain that your legs get stronger with each use! Although I only use my Xootr once a month, I actually go faster after the third or fourth use. I'm not as fast as an electric scooter but I've seen kids go just as fast as bike messengers! Personally, I can keep up with slow hybrid bike riders and that's with the limited amount of use. If I used one daily for a couple of months, I would be almost as fast as an electric scooter.

The main reason I haven't purchased an electric scooter is because my needs are taken care of by a regular kick scooter when used with public transit. Unless your trip is more than 2 miles, a standard kick scooter is ideal. The time saved between a electric and non-electric kick scooter over the course of 1 mile is probably less than 5 minutes.

I would like to test ride one of these electric kick scooters. Although I wouldn't buy one because because of their high cost but the fact I don't have to lug it everywhere and just leave it on the street is a huge attraction.

Last edited by Dahon.Steve; 12-02-18 at 09:11 AM.