View Single Post
Old 03-26-20, 09:45 PM
grizzle54

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by noodle soup
Lighten up Francis. Don't be so thin skinned.

As you've seen from the responses here, that's not much of a question. Di2 is simply better than mechanical shifting, and the real difference between Ultegra and Dura-Ace is weight.

Originally Posted by noodle soup
are you new to internet message boards?

I have looked... and you know what you find? DA, Ultegra, 105 and Tiagra all weigh and cost differently. Is the DA derailleur engineered differently to provide smoother shifting than ultegra... and ultegra better than 105... is that even a thing.. is weight the only factor between the models? That's something a novice wouldn't know. You also find Di2 vs mech. Obviously(based on said internet message boards) Di is smoother when comaparing U di2 vs U mech... but if there is a difference in shifting between models, does that mean DA mech is as smooth as U di2? Show me that comparison.

I find it funny that in a time where I literally can't go to a bike shop(thanks covid) and have to turn to what appears to be a knowledgeable online community, I find a couple of guys who would rather sit in a circle jerk and ridicule honest questions than to be decent and help("oh you should know that moron.. hiccup burp"). Numbers don't tell the whole story so personal experience and input from veterans is invaluable. I am thankful the majority of people here are open to bringing new cyclists up to speed and building a larger community. There are people like you in every industry... I get it... the world is less for it unfortunately.