View Single Post
Old 02-06-20, 07:59 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Greg+
Oh, keep forgetting to bring this up.... the importance of robust and established health insurance.

As fellow citizens of developed first world nations with universal heath care, you must be certain that your travel insurance is robust and with an established company. A hospital stay in the U.S. could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, so do make sure of the details of your travel insurance, including repatriation by plane.

The reality of possible financial life changing debt is "an elephant in the room" topic, and certainly not one I mean to debate here (apologies to those offended by my comments btw) but do inform yourself of your insurance details of specifics.
the old " hope for the best but plan for the worst"

You are most likely aware already, but thought it best to mention. As a Canadian living near the border, this is always something I've thought of. Even when younger and single, I would take out travel insurance at a small dollar amount per day thing with a large established company. You just can't take the chance.