Z E R O
Training

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

A few days ago I was riding early in the morning in this neighborhood that had a bike lane through it, as I was circling around at the end of the bike lane to start heading back towards the house, a car was over taking another car crossing a double line coming real close to me on the bike. I’m not sure he ever seen me as he passed by. The speed is 35mph through there but since this car was in a hurry he passed the slower car probably doing closer to 50-60mph. Once he passed the car his speed was to fast to make the sharp right turn coming up to a light to get on to the main road. He locked up his brakes and the car understeered right across the other lane jumping the curb and into a yard where he crashed into the porch of a house. The car he passed never stopped.

Instant Karma for the car he overtook doing the speed limit?

I turned around to check on him as he exited from the passenger side door. He said he was fine and authorities were being contacted. since the owner of the home was out there talking to him in his PJ’s I decided to leave. Pretty crazy to watch happen.

Don’t get me wrong from earlier, Nashville has some nice greenways and trails to ride, but if you want to commute at anytime there isn’t enough bike lanes to do so and feel safe.