Old 10-15-20, 01:44 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by Lattz
I think it is somehow kind of sad that CAD ruled out the real need for experimenting. Today companies (or even everyday people) can play around with shapes wall thickness geometry materials including stress aerodynamic testing... on a monitor... just as I showed the ideas for your Bertoni back then. The interesting "forerunners" like this Cinelly wont exist anymore only as a computer model or if they want to show them on an expo they 3d print a live sized one. But back in the 80s and before the ideas had to be made and tested first... that must have been fun. For the above bike the side wind would limit the lifecycle of the rider as well I guess..
Lattz,
I think you are correct about the computer as the final step in design. In my estimation, the programs being used to validate a design can be manipulated to make something look good etc.
I see this in architecture on the screen yes but in reality, nothing beats a real model!
Making a model whether full scale or less to many still beats a rendering, when presenting my work if there is a model and a rendering clients in inevitably are drawn to the model.
Efficiency however is another matter, you can have the most efficient design but as you know there may be many ways to achieve it without losing the esthetics....
And now bike to TT's:
Best, Ben

PINARELLO "SWORD"
Designed and developed during the last millennium, Pinarello ESPADA was way ahead of its time. It was the bike that Miguel Indurain used while breaking the Hour Record. One of the most iconic bikes ever produced, it is also known as “Pinarello Sword” because espada means sword in English.

Pinarello Espada/ Aero
https://cycling-passion.com/pinarell...r-record-bike/
Likes For xiaoman1: