View Single Post
Old 07-13-18, 12:12 PM
mr9iron

Bikes: '85 Peugeot Triathlon, '92 DeRosa Nuovo Classico, '93 DeRosa Titanio, '00 DeRosa Neo Pro, '00 Gary Fisher Marlin, '14 Cervelo R3, '14 Focus Mares

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver Steve
I've used the same Vittoria tubes on the same wheels (Stans Alpha 340s). My tubes also show the same dimpling. The dimples have not caused any problems in thousands of miles. I'm pretty sure it's just the tube stretching and conforming to the tubeless tape inside the Stans rims.

Also, these tubes do loose quite a bit of air. I've noticed as much as 10psi over night.
Steve,

thanks for the reply just to update this thread, this mystery just keeps getting more strange... I have accepted these dimples are normal... I wanted to find where the leak was in the tube, I could not find a hole in the tube at all! I even used a bucket of water to find the leak.. no bubble no leak.. yet this tire was zero pressure after my ride.. the front still held air..I re-installed the same tube and inflated it. I refilled the front as well both to 98 psi again. Over the last few days just sitting there, not riding it, the front, as you have mentioned, loses about 10lbs per day..pretty normal as has been shown to me in this this tread. The rear is losing about 12-15 per day.. but neither rate of lose explains why the rear went completely flat in less than 12 hrs. The valve was tight and the cap firmly in place.. and I could not find a hole in the tube...

I am at a loss, I should probably do another hard ride and see if it goes to flat again..very strange..

J