Old 10-08-18, 04:00 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
A great time was had by all The last time we did this was 11 years ago. We had dinner the night before at the phenomenal Cactus Taverna restaurant and later met up with Shana and Perry at our kinda dumpy Sleep Inn motel.

Saturday morning Carole and Shana did the 63 mile metric century while Perry and I did the 103 mile Century ride. We hit a bit of drizzle and light rain but all in all just perfect conditions for a long ride. Perry is a triathlete and was riding his new aero bike - he kicked my butt. First time I've finished a century in under 6 hours.

The route has changed a bit since we last did the ride, mostly for the better. Very nice to have our own lanes and even our own bridge coming into the 62 mile rest stop at Assateague National Park - didn't see any ponies this year.Carole and Shana did great for not having put in very many biking miles this year, and we all enjoyed the pie and ice cream at the finish line.

The 103 mile route, the route went counter-clockwise - the 62 mile rest stop is at Assateague beach on the far right.

Perry, John (me), Shana and Carole at the start.