Old 09-09-19, 09:55 AM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
Thanks. That was fun.

Not sure what the takeaways were (in spite of the last 5 minutes).

I guess mine would be
  • - Don’t burn all your matches on the first lap (this is a big one, actually) Pace yourself
  • - The interval training, I do at the track is a good fit for cross – as I am constantly pushing my heart rate than convincing myself to get it back under control before the next big hurdle
  • - Pre-ride: go fast on the technical parts, slow on the aerobic parts (uphills).
  • - Get used to riding very low pressure if you have been riding higher pressures through the summer.
  • - Being in the front pack early on the first lap can be critical – but don’t go so hard you have nothing left for the rest of the race.
This turned put to be critical for me this week at our first week. Since it was the first race they did callous randomly by bib number and I was unlicku enough to get called up last in a group of 40. So about 4 rows back. Ended up about 20th place out the gate by taking the linger outside line for the first corner but never made up enough places and ended up 13th. Never had a chance at the podium but 8-12 I had comparable or faster lap times after the first lap, so if I made the selection I vould have maybe hung out for a top 10. Hopefully a 1st or second row call up at the next race will give me a chance at the holeshot