rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13640 Post(s)
Liked 4,450 Times in 2,470 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
So I'm pretty blown away right now. And not in a good way.

Wife had been working at a flower shop pre-COVID, but when everything was shut down she went back to being a nanny.

That gig is probably going to be winding down here fairly soon, and an ex-coworker from aforementioned flower shop clued her in on an opening in the office of the law firm she currently works at. Wife applied, and has an interview scheduled for this afternoon.

She wasn't really planning on going back to the floral shop once things opened up anyways since she constantly experienced being promised things that never happened, really miserable pay, and 40-50 hour work weeks. She was really great at that job but it was just soul sucking, so this looks like a great opportunity - decent pay, regular hours, weekends off, etc.

Turns out the owner of the flower shop found out that my wife has an interview at this law firm, and over the weekend stopped by to tell the person who was going to interview her not to hire her because she's going to come back to work at the flower shop. Which is an absolute lie. She never discussed going back to work there.

What. The. Actual. ****
That's a pretty dooshy thing to do.
Likes For rjones28: