View Single Post
Old 09-15-20, 06:57 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
the type of pumps that work like a small floor pump are so much nicer and easier to use. Easy to attach the head on a hose to the valve, and to push your weight down into the ground means its easier and more efficient pumping.
Most of us who use these types of pumps feel the same, well I do anyway after using frame type longer pumps (I had numerous zefal ones) for decades.

I'd recommend going to a real bike store and trying them out, you'll also get a better idea of the build quality first hand.
my road morph G, with a gauge, has worked great for years. I carry it in a pannier usually, prefer to keep it out of the dust and less chance of a grab and run while touring when Im in a store, and like all pumps, the little end bit that you unscrew and flip around the innards to swtich between presta and shraeder can come loose with time, and you could loose the innards, and not have a working pump. Mine loosened up luckily in a pannier so didint loose the parts, but this was after years of using it, and I hadnt really paid attention to the part loosening over time.
Likes For djb: