View Single Post
Old 09-15-20, 07:39 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Bikerider
Yeah but all the ebike people will tell you that they need the boost because of age/injury/disability/etc just to enjoy a ride. I say bull. I see people speeding along the MUP at excessive speeds on these ebikes all the time. I suppose our local cops will soon have to start enforcing the existing rules. Have you ever noticed on the ebike forum all the discussion of “faster”, or the ebike ads that tout speed? We did have a radar speed trap on the local MUP last year and I hope we get another one soon. Very sad.
UN-Fortunately there are jerks everywhere, in every segment ... I got kicked off the E-Bike section of this forum, because I kept insisting that, an E-Bike with a throttle was a MOPED... and, that my, E-Bike, that I HAD, I had to pedal to get any assistance, and thus was was an E-Assisted bicycle... and that, there was, and certainly IS,, a difference , between the two type of assistance... NOT, it seems in most peoples mind anyways who ride an E-Bike...

People who ride a bicycle with a motor, even though, it's an electric motor, and use only the throttle, and do not pedal, are riding a moped... It's that simple... IMO

OK, some people who use the throttle do... actually pedal, but,... .the original concept to allow a motorized bicycle to be "allowed" to be ridden as a bicycle was to have "assistance", but one must still pedal... It would seem the laws have been altered by the powers that be to include, once again a moped as a bicycle... 350 watts MAX, of assistance, where you did, actually, need/must pedal, has changed, to anywhere between 350 watts and no throttle, to 750 watts and a throttle and no actual need to pedal, and still be a bicycle.
Likes For 350htrr: