phile

Bikes: van moof dropdown, btwin triban 100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Bullhorns advice

hey guys so title says most of it.

i just did my first century last saturday (178 km, a bit shy of 111 miles), throughout the last third or so of the ride i realized i kept wanting to stretch /reach forward to get some relief on shoulders. been currently thinking of replacing drop bars with some longer bullhorns for this reason.

before my actual questions i currently ride a btwin triban 100 (road.cc review of bike) besides aesthetic upgrades basically stock with exception of a brooks seat and a rear rack.

now here goes what i've been wondering about since realizing i constantly just wanted to stretch forwards.

i'm currently thinking bullhorns as title implies but a longer stem is not out of the question.

while doing an admittedly very superficial and shoddy google it seems like bullhorns are at least length wise (sticking forwards) about as much as drops, am i mistaken?

if i get the bullhorns would that also entail having to replace brake levers? currently having a brain fart as to how brake levers look under the hoods and if possible to mount on the bullhorns.

any recs for some slightly longer bullhorns? as i said my main issue is wanting to stretch farther forwards from time to time.

would a longer stem do the trick?

as you can see i got quite a few questions with no real concrete thoughts besides just wanting to stretch farther forward from time to time on longer rides. so if i am missing anything out would also appreciate it