guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Phasing Fazua

Sorry for the late post

Anyway I also have a Cube Agree hybrid and it’s worked (almost) faultlessly for several months now.

However while it’s still less than a year old it didn’t have a Bluetooth remote to allow my garmin to get the power meter function from the bottom bracket - after many emails to Fazua I finally got a replacement, fitted it and on the first ride if got the dreaded phasing problem - it felt like it was repeatedly powering up and braking while climbing up hills 🥴 the steeper the hill the worse the effect.

The good news is that it corrected itself toward the end of the ride (after 40 miles) and worked a treat for the 10 miles to home.

Now - other observations:-

1. When the battery/motor was installed the the top battery level LED on the new remote control was always green (this never happened with the old non Bluetooth remote). It stayed on regardless of what power was selected (including none) - at the 40 mile mark, when the battery indicator was at around 50% (5 LEDs) the green LED at the top went off the phasing problem stopped 🥴

2. the bottom bracket has a removable plate with what looks to be a circuit card and sensor built in (I assume this is what monitors cadence and pedal torque/pressure). The sensor itself is covered in grease. I have a suspicion this, if disturbed, can interfere with the sensor‘S performance and when fitting the new remote I may have disturbed this causing the problem (doesn’t explain the green LED mind).

As it stands I’m not sure all is well yet but fingers crossed - I’ll try it again on Sunday and post my findings - as I said fingers crossed.

If the problem returns I guess I’ll need to discuss it with Fazua - but the good news is the problem was obviously because of something I did when replacing the remote and removing/replacing the sensor, so whatever that was should therefore be correctable.

Cheers - keep you posted