Old 09-21-20, 01:28 PM
guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still there

Update - problem still there but not as bad I got the new remote with Bluetooth and can connect to my Garmin but…

Couple of issues:-

The power meter when connected to my Garmin edge 830 shows spikes of power in excess of 1KW and sometimes over 2KW (I’m lucky if I can achieve 500w ☹) see first image – this causes the averages to be wildly inaccurate and, I believe, sometimes causes the Garmin to (partially) crash and stop detecting the power, heart rate monitor and cadence – see second image - until completely reset.

Sometimes the motor still surges – with the power delivery stopping and starting while pedalling up hill – this happens in all 3 modes (breeze, river & stream) and at different battery levels, but mostly when full or above 50% - but the problem isn’t there all the time and after the first ride with it on Friday it mostly works as expected giving smooth power support in line with pedal effort. I think this only started after the remote was changed – although I kind of remember it happening to a lesser degree when the battery was nearly flat a couple of months ago - and I have a feeling it may be related to the power detection problem above? - I searched the internet for this problem and it appears several people are also experiencing this ‘power surging’ problem.

Finally the top LED on the new remote now turns green most of the time regardless of the power selected and the battery level (see below) – the old non Bluetooth unit never did this – is it an indicator of something?

Ive emailed Fazua and asked them to please let me have their thoughts on the above – I love the Fazua unit and have it on 2 bikes (one in the UK and one in Spain) and if I can get this sorted it’ll be perfect.

ill send the sensor video later

Last edited by guzzibat; 09-21-20 at 01:50 PM.