Old 02-22-21, 10:59 PM
johngwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zweitesmal2
I have a large bunion (bone spur) myself and my podiatrist recommended living with it as the recovery time is miserably long. So I've lived with it for 7yrs now. I'm not being funny here but I simply cut a half moon slit into my cycling shoe right at that wide point and the pressure is relieved and gone. I do this with brand new MTB clipless shoes every time and I promise you will never think about that slit again. It literally doesn't matter. Rain? Who cares? They're all plastic anyway. Looks? Pfft, its on the inside and not even noticable. I no longer have to search for and return multiple pairs of new shoes. Try it on an old pair. I log long days on the bicycle all summer long with no issues.
What do you mean the cut "is on the inside and not even noticeable"? It sounds like you've cut a hole in the shoe to let the bunion protrude outside the shoe. I can't see how that wouldn't be noticeable. Could you post a photo? Presumably, if there's a hole and it rains, you're going to get a wet foot unless you use over-shoe coverings (which I do use when wet).