Old 02-27-21, 01:48 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by dmeans2anend
Interesting. I am the exception then to your theory because I'm right handed but my bunion is only on the left foot. My right foot is absolutely normal.
I looked up on wiki if what I have is really a bunion and found I have (outgrowth on the big toe joint), only mine doesn't change the way the big toe is pointing, or more precisely, both my big toes are oriented the same way - inward towards the next toe to them. Just like in the picture I copied from wiki, the left example, except I am male, so high heels are not the cause.

Besides riding bicycle, I used to do technical rock climbing in my teens but in those days we didn't use those extremely tight shoes like it is the norm, I think the relatively tight shoes in cross country skiing (classic style skiing) in combination with frequent toes freezing in them might be the culprit. I think it crept on me in the second third of my life when I didn't do those activities (I returned to bicycles at the age of 50 and at 60+ I can live with it reasonably well. After reading about it here and on wiki, I consider myself lucky that I don't suffer some significant pain that would make me consider doing something about the condition. My ignorance so far not even knowing what I have is a testament to that.