Tude 
Blasted Weeds

Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ditto Botto!

I've actually been in a couple of nasty slushy/rain situations (commutes) recently and the one ride freaked me out a lot - with the worst being that I'm riding along 3 lanes of traffic going my way (3 going the other) and it's all basically an entrance/exit of the expressway - and oh hell it's bad to ride those area!

BUT! I've had a couple of nasty rides this year where I'm riding heavy traffic, at night and it's a heavy rain - that is going from sleet to snow - makes for a heavy wave of crap that hits you when a car goes by, UGH! But the absolute worst thing - actually things is:

the sound of the oncoming car or cars magnified with the water/slush. Dam that just takes the Tude off of tude when I go thru that - it sounds like a car is slamming into you every time a car goes by. Oh yeah - and I'll just add the fact that it's a crappy area too - so NO BREAK DOWNS!!! Freak time driving ... prefer not to do it --- I have a 12-15 min bus ride directly to my office so on these nasty days where I do not like to ride on ice/slush to work - I take the bus.

And to end (hehe, as I've gone onto a rant I think) - I do NOT employ headphones/ear buds. Dam I need really to hear my way thru the city driving. As I stated earlier - once in a while I'll toss them on for boredome purposes only - but I really prefer hearing everything. And you know why too.