Old 05-22-13, 09:44 AM
Shakeyone

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Tricross-Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Astrozombie
Wowzers, i was able to replace a spoke myself on my slicked MTB, but a shop shouldn't be charging much more than $5 to do it. And yes my FD I could never get perfectly dialed in, i thought i was the only one.....
Yea the spoke cost sucked but it motivated me to really hammer studying bike repair. I been reading the hell out of the bike repair forum and Sheldon Brown's site. This week working on a list of tools and making some price lists. Between reading this forum and riding that might take a while but after a bit of a rough spring weather we been having some wicked riding weather so definately have to cash in on that.

I wish I had time to have the LBS take another crack at the FD, the limits are fine no chain dropping, but going from 50 to 39 it chatters bad so I then have to drop down to the 30 and back up to the 39 and its "ok-ish". So I stay in the 39 too much but dont have the legs to push the 50 all the time without cross chaining. So first 2 on the list is cable puller, and workstand with a little greese to lube the line. (got my fingers crossed they get it this time though)

For the record I am more mechanically inclined then I let on, but I am also 5 times harder on myself then I am would to others (or lack to the balls to tell stangers to get thier head out of thier ass and do it right). I have no tolerance for half-ass work and not sure my knowlege can meet that criteria yet.

I heard people say try to ride light and with all the problems I had I tried to keep that in mind. That dont work for me. I do try to be safe and not abusing the bike, but all honestly, when I ride, I ride to ride with purpose. No matter how hard I ride cant outride a bad diet, but with a good diet I can ride the s#*t out of weightloss.