Old 12-09-13, 02:03 AM
Jed19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Duane Behrens
Whenever you sue a public agency, you're actually suing the taxpayers who support that agency. The result: less money for infrastructure, more money for seedy, ambulance-chasing lawyers.

Sure; fire, arrest, sue, and do what you like with the officer involved. But DON'T give my tax money to the victim's lawyers.
Unfortunately, in our system, this is how it works. We, the people, elected the people who run these agencies, who in turn, appointed some idiots into positions they have no business in. Just look at some of the issues that has materialized while Lee Baca has been sheriff! And the electorate won't get rid of him, nor does he have the decency to resign/retire. So, the only way forward is to keep suing his office. And maybe the electorate will finally realize that Lee Baca is way over his head as sheriff and vote him out. For me, he has been an embarrassment as sheriff!

On another note, reading the comment that says drugs and alcohol were not believed to be issues in this accident makes me cringe. They should take and test blood samples from anyone involved in running another person down in broad daylight. Even if he/she is a cop.