View Single Post
Old 12-12-16, 02:36 PM
jerman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
After looking for a bike that could connect some really good road-biking roads through several miles of rough gravel roads, I settled on the Felt VR4 (so, about 90% good roads to 10% bad). The Zipp wheels with the ability to take 32mm tubeless tires and a 1x chainring, as it's mostly flat here, are perfect for me.
I had almost settled on the Specialized Diverge, plus had looked at some others, but am so tired of the black-on-black. Usually color is not my big thing but the looks of this red bike was a big factor in putting down on it even though delivery is not until January... I guess there's demand. Just could not find very many of these bikes at all to even test ride. Had to rely on people who made visits to the manufacturers who road and evaluated them.
Well, then my wife got so stoked she put down for a womans Felt VR4W, which is a white model... our Christmas presents.
I've ordered a carbon bar so that, and going tubeless, look to be only changes. I feel Felt is onto something with this model as they look to have done this bike right. Another nice feature that I heard about is the accents and print on the bike are supposed to be reflective. Great safety feature.
Anyone else ridden either of these two models yet? Merry Christmas!