seeker333
-

Bikes: yes!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikesplendor
I'm camping on a tour right now. It's 8:01 PM, and there are coyotes howling and yelping. They don't sound too far away. They must know I'm here. I'm wondering how often they can be a problem. I'm in the Sonoran desert. There doesn't seem to be a very good supply of food for them. What, if anything, are they known to do that is potentially concerning? What are recommended countermeasures and safety precautions? There seem to be at least four voices.
You're camping in the Sonoran desert. 8pm in apparently Mountain Time Zone since the bf.net time stamp (Eastern Time Zone) indicates 10pm. AZ? You made 17 posts yesterday, and 8 so far today - 25 posts to 8 different threads spread throughout a 25 hour period, while in the desert, camping, on a bicycle tour. That is impressive.

Anyway, coyotes are generally harmless. I hope they don't crowd your "campsite". There are none here at Camp IV on the South Col route, but it is a bit windy, and Bob just ate the last of the beef stroganoff, luckily there is a new Starbucks here, so I'm heading over to enjoy a bacon, cheese and egg sandwich in the shadow of Lhotse. Where did I put my goggles? Enjoy your tour.