View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 11:15 AM
autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
I try to squeeze in riding whenever possible but never at the expense of family time. That means bike-commuting on my only day of the week when I'm not on daycare duty, taking my kid to daycare by bike, which is so much more hassle to organize even though she loves it, waking up at 5:30-6am on the weekends while everyone sleeps in to do a quick ride and get back and showered before 8, or doing a Zwift session at night after everyone goes to bed (more frowned upon since the wife prefers me to be there).
My wife rides too but not as fast or as far as me, we go on family rides and on training rides together where I push her but just a little. She hates any sort of off-road or climbing, so I try to avoid that as much as possible.

As far as marital problems... well, really difficult and maybe not my place to say, but maybe sounds like your wife needs your companionship. Try spending time together, I mean spending time together. Maybe hiking, kayaking, not sure what she would enjoy, but be there with her, don't try to pull her into your own interests.
Likes For autonomy: