View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 02:44 PM
sodapopgirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Need recommendations for commuter bike

My husband and I need some advice. He has to go up and down a few curbs on a five mile round trip ride to work that he makes 5-6 days a week. Something in the price range of $200-$350 is our price range. We could possibly invest a bit more money into buying the bike, but finances are extremely tight. I bought an x-pec 21 inch 26 gear foldable bike on Amazon for about $250, and it has not been a good bike. We lost our car 2 years ago, and had no idea what kind of bike to get, so the x-pec purchase was made quickly and with very little knowledge of what we really needed. We have purchased 2 of the x-pec bikes.....they seem to last for about a year, but there are things that don’t necessarily render the bike unusable, but make it an aggravation to ride. For instance, the bike has stayed in gear 2 for the last year, because changing gears causes the chain to come off and a grinding sound starts up. It is time to buy another bike, and we just don’t have enough knowledge to make a confident decision. I appreciate any and all advice you can give to us.