Old 06-18-19, 07:27 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I like having a little competition once in a while, but still can't find peace with myself between my local offerings and my family schedule.

I keep having people I ride with tell me to do CX. I have a Crockett. I ride probably a 3 hour gravel ride with some technical aspects to it every other week. I'm just really afraid of endo'ing in practice or a race, as I'm pretty sure the fitness is far beyond the handling skills.

Like, when gravel riding I still almost poop myself if the rear end starts coming around on a corner and the inside foot has to unclip. I'd assume you're doing that the whole time in a cross race.

The whole mount and dismount thing doesn't bother me. I'd just need shoes as my "spd" shoes are hacked up roadie shoes with zero sole/tread to them.

Maybe I should get a pair of used shoes and at least go do some practice riding.

It really would lend itself well to my "time crunched" schedule and local racing needs.

Someone convince me I should do it. It's not too late to grab some shoes and start doing laps.

How are the mixed spd pedals versus just using MTB pedals? I find the MTB ones a bit difficult to get into/out of in a hurry.