Old 06-23-19, 02:19 PM
elizilla 
Awkward Rider

Bikes: Small fleet of e-trikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Just checking in with an update... the 7 speed freewheel, the new 9 speed freewheel, and the freewheel removal tool arrived.

The new 9 speed freewheel looks a lot like the first one, I guess that is just how they look. Like the two smallest cogs are an afterthought.

The tool they sent worked fine. Since the wheel has never yet been ridden on, it hasn’t been torqued by pedaling, so I didn’t have the struggle I am used to having when taking a freewheel off.

I set the three freewheels on the bench to measure. The 9 speed ones were identical to each other. The 7 speed cogs were not spaced as close together. This is not unexpected but it is good to empirically confirm.

Put the 7 speed freewheel on the wheel and put the wheel in the bike. It fit like it was made to go in, centered easily, no struggle anywhere.

That settles it. 7 speed it is, no more mucking about with 9!

Bundled up all the 9 speed specific stuff to go back. Ordered parts for 7 speed.

FedEx has the battery, and is saying it will be here Weds. With luck the latest parts order will be here by then too, and next weekend I can work some more.

Last edited by elizilla; 06-23-19 at 07:00 PM.