I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Unless you have not been to the Netherlands I would think those claims would be self evident. But here is a documented study for you to pick apart. https://www.researchgate.net/publica...nomic_Benefits

There are additional studies available too if you are curious.
Perhaps one of those other studies provides support for your claims of
40% reduction in cancer risk.
52% reduction in heart disease
40% reduction in premature death
The "study" you reference does not. Nor does it provide any evidence that the population of NL or anywhere else can expect a reduction in heart disease or cancer if they should take up bicycle riding.

I've been to NL numerous times and never once did I find it self evident that any of the people I saw either had or did not have cancer or heart disease. Nor could I observe if the many bicyclists I saw would ever get heart disease or cancer. Nor could I observe that the people who were not bicycling were more or less likely to have or ever get heart disease or cancer. I also did not observe obviously infirm or sickly people riding bicycles in either Europe or the U.S. It would seem evident that people who appear healthy are more likely to be seen bicycling than those who appear sickly or appear to be obviously unhealthy.