I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
I-Like you are quite correct. I have now read four studies from different sources in the Netherlands and one from the NIH, claiming a 1/2 year increase in life expectancy related to cycling.. I cede to your expertise.
As well you should, your references do not support the quantitative claims about cycling reducing heart disease or cancer in NL or anywhere else.
Why not provide an answer to the question - Where is there any credible reference to the previously posted numbers (https://www.bikeforums.net/21718927-post224.html) of 40% reduction in cancer risk and 52% reduction in heart disease and that these alleged fantastic reductions are related to cycling?

Cycling is a good physical exercise, physical exercise is known to be good for health, but don't fool yourself that bicycling by itself has been proven to have magical powers to reduce heart disease or prevent cancer in NL or anywhere else.

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 10-03-20 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Rsbob was not the first poster making the claim about heart disease and cancer reduction