Thread: Music Status?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-10, 09:21 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Had a younger (around 30 year old) friend over for dinner that is an awesome guitar player and we started talking about music. He told me that he is listening to various versions of "Good Morning Little School Girl" right now and I asked him if he ever heard the Grateful Dead version. He was unaware. I pulled out the vinyl that I bought way back when and it is the monaraul (sp?) version because that was $3 then as opposed to the $4 stereo version and I was all of 12 years old at the time. I don't think that I had played that bit of vinyl in over 20 years. Not a bad version of the song, BTW.

We then listened to "Morning Dew" on the other side of the LP. I have heard much better renditions of that tune. Even the Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart version on "Truth" is better. (What is the opposite of damning with faint praise?)

After that we went to "Workingman's Dead" and that is many orders of magnitude better music.

Then I found out that he doesn't know any Elvis Costello. I am making his aim true as we speak.