Old 01-23-19, 03:40 PM
Midway

Bikes: Colnago Master PIU 90's era, Cannondale Synapse Hi-MOD Disc 2018

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
Stay with racing frame or move to touring?

I have left 60 astern, am coming up on two months after a total hip replacement, 6 months from an ablation procedure and want to get back in shape. I am doing great and have no limitations.

My bike has been hanging in the garage for 15 years as a guess, and had been gathering dust. There was a time I rode quite a bit but found it too time consuming with work and other hobbies. I put the bike away and ran for exercise because it didn’t take as much time. Running will wear my new hip down faster and my doctor prefers I ride rather than run so the bike is back in play.

I have the bike on a trainer for now to get my legs and hip in shape and plan on dropping it off for a tune-up next week.

I am concerned the frame is a bit too twitchy for me. I don’t plan on much racing and my bike seemed a bit too responsive even 20 years ago. I plan on asking the bike shop to check my set up, seat and handlebar configuration etc.

It is a Colnago Master PIU with an Ultegra group set. It is still in great shape and I plan on giving it some miles but wonder if it would be more enjoyable to lean more towards a touring style bike?

I am athletic and by looking at me you would think I was in great shape, a solid looking 6 foot, 195 pounds and low body fat but with the recent medical issues, I have a very low fitness level. I feel great now though and with a college athletic scholarship background know how to train if I put my mind to it.

Appreciate opinions and who knows, I might find my current frame will be fine.