View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 11:08 AM
Artmo 

Bikes: '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road; '17 Circe Helios e-tandem:1994 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by fastcarbon
Looks like I am off the bike another three weeks. I developed Atrial flutter 3 weeks ago and my heart wouldn't go over 105 BPM. Hills above 6% were impossible as my legs would ache and I was short on breath. My Cardiologist/ Electrophysiologist just ablated my left Atrium to stop the flutter and replaced my ICD which was on recall. The heart is good now but I am not allowed to use it. So in three weeks I can start getting my fitness back. This is getting old as I had surgery in June to cut 25cm from my colon and in Oct. they put me back together. Then I had a Greenlight procedure. Sometimes it seems there are too many "comebacks" to fitness. But at 76 I will get back to power intervals and group rides with the 50 and 60 year old guys. I guess if you are a cyclist you can't quit.
Don’t despair. 78: had two ablations, then pacemaker for very low resting HR with pauses, Prostate cancer treated with radiation and seeds, lifelong asthmatic and still riding with the mid-60 year olds, tandem and solo. You’re right you can’t quit😊