View Single Post
Old 03-11-20, 03:00 PM
reluctantsuburb

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...if this is what you are aiming for as your final outcome, I would not buy that Volare in the other thread. Besides needing to spend money swapping out the bar and brake levers, you'll probably end up with a different saddle too (because of the more upright position.) Look for something that is closer to how you want your bike set up as the final version. Note the distance on all your examples from the rear wheel to the seat tube. This is due to longer chain stays. Look for that in the bicycles you decide to inspect.

People used to make jokes all the time here about the Richardson Bike Mart, near Dallas in Richardson. Even if you don't buy something from them, it's probably worth visiting to look at examples of bikes with longer chain stays that allow you to put on fenders and wider tyres
Thanks for hopping over here to continue the discussion. I'm inclined to agree with you, especially at their listed price.

I currently have an un-broken in Brooks B17 I'm planning to put on this bike. Do you think that will be compatible for the upright position?