Old 11-18-20, 08:21 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,742 Times in 1,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Awesomeguy
Interesting, i feel like i may want to get a road bike down the road, i'm not really sure, if i will like them or not to be honest though
my current trek fx3 feels just fine, but for some reason, i get some tingling/sleepy ness in the left hand (very subtle), 20 -30 minutes into my rides, i have never had injury or anything in the left arm/hand, im still learning and adjusting and trying to better position myself

my concern was also breaking in the hoods as i would be riding on them most of the times, doesn't seem as strong as breaking in the flat bar, especially in sudden stops,or constantly slowing down in neighbor hood rides and i don't know if its worth spending the money if i'm unsure road bike will fix my left hand issues or make it worse argh.
make sure you do not have the beginnings of carpal tunnel, that is how my hands would feel on every ride. The nerve in my right hand was far worse than the left and I ultimately had to have surgery to release it. It woke me up one night and I was in massive pain and had my wife take me to the hospital and they ended up giving me a cortisone shot to provide some relief. I had to sell all my gas powered yard tools and move to battery powered which I have to say, has been pretty nice, so that was not a bad side effect.

I still get some buzzing in my left, but it is not outrageous at the moment, but it does bother me on longer rides, 40 plus miles. I figure I will eventually have to get a cortisone shot in the wrist to gain some relief or possibly have the surgery on it as well. When they did the ultra sound on my right wrist, they looked at the left as well and it was only about half inflamed as the right. Unfortunately, I am a programmer, so it is a side effect of the job.

Likes For jaxgtr: