Old 01-29-21, 12:51 AM
arizkohli

Bikes: Scott Addict 20 rim brakes, Bergamont Grandurance RD5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
47y.o. old?! I'm insulted. And without a height given it is hard to say whether weight is a big factor here or not. It also isn't that hard to find out 'exactly' what a person weighs. It matters. Almost certainly if someone doesn't actually know what they weigh, they weigh much more than they think. I am 5'10" (1.77m) and weigh exactly 195lbs. (88kg). A larger guy is going to be meaty enough in the nether regions to make details of saddle construction like 'anatomic cut-outs' and etc. largely moot. An earlier poster wondered if this is not simply a question of acclimatization and I am inclined to agree. That said, it would be useful to know what the o.p. is working with. Pictures please. Make sure you are sitting far enough back on the saddle so as to be fully supported by it. That is a common fault. Saddles narrow rapidly as you slide forward. This can cause discomfort, even pain and numbness. I recently bought a Mongoose Envoy cargo bike. The saddle it comes with is amazing! The parent company of Mongoose is called Pacific Cycles. Were I the o.p. I'd be getting in touch and finding out how I might purchase that saddle. Hell, it might be worth it to look into the Envoy on Amazon. The md/lg are VERY hard to find right now and even the sm/md are running out. FWIW.
Sorry I missed writing my height. I'm 6ft (183.5 cms exactly). I'm definitely more than 120 and defnititely less than 130. I stopped weighing myself a year ago due to depression issues. Just sorted myself out and cycling has played a big role in that.

Acclimatisation is a factor yes, as days pass the problem is getting better each day with the prologo saddle I got and I am consciously making an effort to sit back. Thanks for your advice. I will look up the envoy bike and the saddle it comes with.