View Single Post
Old 01-25-21, 01:37 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8287 Post(s)
Liked 9,064 Times in 4,483 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
Truth is ... I'll probably reach the point where I should go for an ebike before I actually will. I was telling a non-cycling friend about the odd mentality involved last weekend driving around in the Santa Monicas.

Two summers ago, I was suffering big time climbing Little-T to Bear Divide. It was super hot and I started cramping. It got so bad about 50 yards from the top, I had to get off the bike.

So I stood there and tried stretching and doing what I could so I could hop back on the bike and ride to the top. Rick suggested (and it made more sense) to simply WALK to the top, as that would have gotten me there and stretched things out at the same time. But there was a part of me that said ... I've never walked up a hill, and there is no effin way I am going to start now. And yea ... I never did. No matter how much I had to stop, I made sure I rode to the top of that and Dillon Divide too.

Yea ... bull headed stubbornness sometimes.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I like being able to say I have never walked the bike or called for a ride, except the time I destroyed a wheel in T.O. I've told people I won't consider am e-bike until I am 70. It's only a little over 3 years now.
Likes For big john: