View Single Post
Old 03-01-24, 09:40 PM
dschad

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, SWB home-built recumbent and a couple other uninteresting ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I would want shifting in the extensions as well but the main place is in the normal position on a flat bar. Luckily my newest bike which was the owner of the shops bike before he passed is now running AXS so I have been able to run shifters in all 3 positions (both extensions on the crazy bar and one of the right side as this is a 1x12 set up) I need to modify the bars or re-route because these are the wired version and I haven't had the chance to route them under the grips which I already had installed and are a pain to install and remove but adding holes to the bar would be sketchy just to route into the blip box.
Electric shifting - that's cheating!

Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
V brake noodles are great for changing cable routing. For example on my bike with a twist grip shifter for a Rohloff hub, I wanted the cables to be routed forward, not to the sides. Sprayed the noodles black first. You can see how the noodles feed into the shifter on the bar end. This type of shifter uses two cables.
Good tip on the noodles, thanks.

Your setup got me looking at Rohloff/internal geared hubs....after the horrific amount of sand and salt in my drive-train from the snow clearing, I'm thinking next year I'll be sporting an IGH. Probably a Shimano, but boy does that make sense. It looks like you are in snow country also, any negatives about an igh in winter?