View Single Post
Old 07-13-18, 01:39 PM
taguy4

Bikes: Peugeot PR-10, Peugeot UO-8, Boeris racing bike, AMF Roadmaster Renegade, Gitane Gypsy Sport, various Schwinn muscle bikes, Schwinn Super Sport, Panasonic DX-4000, Palo Alto Campy equipped bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
What's the deal with Niagara these days?

Seems like nowadays half the parts and other things you click on on their website are out of stock. It used to not be that way that I can remember. They give you the option of letting them contact you when they get it again: part of me thinks they are just using that to figure out if they need to start stocking the part again since I imagine they have to buy a bunch of everything they stock from the manufacturer or distributor. Some of the things that are "out of stock" - like the Wigwam bike socks I like - are fairly piddly, so for a large operation like theirs it seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to stock them unless they are having a hard time getting them any more (which is a possibility). I wish that if they don't stock something they would take it off of their website so you don't sit at the computer wasting time clicking on things you can't order anyway. Another idea would be for them to give you the option of having it shipped directly from the manufacturer or distributor if they don't have it in stock.

Are there any other online retailers that are better about keeping things in stock and their website more up to date (and user friendly)?