View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 05:25 PM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 279 Posts
Okay, so, I'm doing some work to the above-mentioned Maruishi now. I raised the handlebars as far as I could, though they are still lower than I would like. What's the optimum height in relation to the saddle height? They are still slightly below-- no picture at the moment-- and I would prefer to have them higher than this, especially as my regular-use bike is a hybrid and I am not at all used to being this bent over. I don't worry about aerodynamics; this will be my trainer bike and I'm not fast or a hardcore cyclist anyway, so I don't mind being higher than "optimal." I may need to post a picture, because I'm wondering if this is a sign that the bike is actually too small for me. (Former owner was about 5'; I'm 5'6". Short legs, long torso.)

ETA: got it! I'm also trying to swap out the saddle; I hate the current one. I have some spares with cutouts so I'd like to put one of those on. I can't get the old one off! I looked it up on Youtube... one video suggested I should just be able to slide the rails off the clamp (no). Another suggested I should be able to pull out the center bolt (no). Any other options?? Is it me, or the saddle? Here are pics:

Last edited by Kat12; 08-02-20 at 07:19 PM.