Old 09-27-16, 04:48 PM
ShortLegCyclist

Bikes: Many bikes in three states and two countries, mainly riding Moots Vamoots, Lynskey R265 disc and a Spot Denver Zephyr nowadays

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
Thanks. I have been waiting to see what that will look like, before I do anything drastic.
I have three bikes running 46/30 and another running 48/32.

The 48/32 is a Sugino
The 46/30's are White Industries, IRD and a Willow Tripleizer compact double 46/30 set on an Ultegra 130 bcd crankset.

The Sugino is supposed to have spacers available that allow you to run it as 9, 10 or 11 speed, but mine did not come with any and I'm running it 9 speed. Because I don't have the spacers and cannot find them on sale online, it means I can't access the last 4 cogs on my 11-36 9 speed cassette from the 30 ring as the chain catches on the 46 ring teeth.

The 46 ring however can access the entire cassette.

The White Industries (running 11 speed Ultegra) and the IRD (running 8 speed Microshift) have had no such problems and I just got the Willow off eBay and am going to set that up this weekend if I have time.

I am using CX70 front derailleurs for all these bikes, which are Ultegra level cyclocross specific and built for smaller chainrings.