Old 07-23-19, 10:24 PM
davester

Bikes: 1981 Ron Cooper, 1974 Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 2000 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1986 Miyata 710, 1982 Raleigh "International"

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked 1,289 Times in 486 Posts
1. Dave D, davester, Berkeley CA

2. Route - LVDS

3. Primary Riding Bike - Once again I'll be riding the white and red Ron Cooper. Scratch that...looks like I'll be riding my new to me red1982 Raleigh International. It has rack mounts so that I can carry luggage on the ride from SF to Cambria. It has the gearing and tires to conquer those hills and the ride down (see 5b below).

4. I'm a good climber if I have decent gears. 6 speed 13-30 freewheel. Ofmega Triple 50-42-24. Tires will be 27x1-3/8" Swifttire San Canyons.

5. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. I will be at an airbnb house with wife and friends.

6. Additional activities...Bigtime!

a. This will be the 4th year that I will lead the "Marinica" pre-Eroica warmup ride on the Saturday before the main event. Come along and tour the verdant beauty of western Marin County, north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

b. Following Marinica, I am hoping from Tuesdaythrough Friday to ride the Cooper in the company of Gugie and other adventurous BF members down the coast from Marin to Cambria, arriving just in time to spend an evening relaxing before attending the concours. This is expected to be an epic credit-card tour punctuated by fabulous scenery and marvelous dining.

Last edited by davester; 02-21-20 at 10:18 AM.