View Single Post
Old 09-18-19, 05:31 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by polyphrast
There is a german guy (laempie.de) who modifies existing lamps with cutoffs and adds additional LEDs for a (switchable) high beam, even on a dyno powered lamp. My Cyo Premium was modified there, i can give feedback on the light quality in 2-3 weeks.
This is the kind of engineering I like! I'd love to hear how it works for you.
I will be buying a Cyo Premium soon but for a city commuter so floodlights are not necessary.

The handlebar mount looks like 3D-printed nylon so I'm not sure it would survive being bumped into at the train station bike parking.

I was planning in disassembling the light to strip and polish the heatsink for a nice classic look though.

EDIT: I have dynamo lights on every single one of the bikes in my signature except for the Gazelle Superlicht. But that's because it is still lying around in parts.
Plan is to build a wheel around a classic Sturmey Archer GH6 dynohub and add LED lights disguised in classic housing.

Last edited by JaccoW; 09-18-19 at 09:59 AM.