Old 02-28-23, 10:20 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2613 Post(s)
Liked 1,958 Times in 1,227 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Really, asking the interwebs for glasses recommendations makes about as much sense as asking random people on the street what prescription glasses you need.
Originally Posted by terrymorse
It seems to make sense to me. Outside of the correction, everyone's eyeballs experience the same environment while riding a bike. Things like wind, cold, sunlight.
Respectfully, I disagree. Consider the following:

Say you live and ride near a coast, I live and ride in rolling hills. You think a 15 mph wind is a mild breeze, I think it's a stiff wind, both based on what we typically experience. I don't need nearly as much protection from side winds or head-on turbulence as you want.

Or I live where a 60F dew point is high humidity, you have 80F dew points regularly. Fogging is a much bigger problem for you that for me. A double lens solution (either goggles or a prescription insert) may be unworkable for you, except for a very expensive glasses brand; I've only read or heard about glasses fogging.

And the correction itself can have a big effect on glasses selection. If I could wear mail-order glasses (Zenni or the like), it would not be a big deal to buy a cycling-specific pair of sunglasses. If you've got a -10D prescription with crazy astigmatism, it might be harder to pick a separate $900 pair of cycling sunglasses.

And since (a) OP didn't give us all those details, and (b) most of us have fairly limited experience in the glasses selection trade space, about the best that one could hope for is that each respondent lists all their background and experience, as well as their recommendation, and it's up to OP to decide. That's not much different than OP just picking one without lots of extraneous chatter.
Likes For pdlamb: