Old 08-26-19, 10:40 PM
Bizman

Bikes: 2014 Carbon Quest XS (Velomobile), 2014 Catrike Road (Trike), 2013 Easy Motion Max 700+ PCS (E-bike), 2011 Lynskey R340 (Road), 2011 Surly Moonlander (Fatty), 2010 Santa Cruise Tallboy (Full Suspension)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
The cyclist in me would love to give a bent a spin... like on a nice tour. But the road visibility just freaks me out... both of drivers to see me and me to see past/through them.

But this track thing looks like a blast.
As a Velomobile owner of both the Quest XS (3 wheeled tadpole (2 wheels in front 1 in the rear) configuration) and QuattroVelo (4 wheel configuration) and 33,000 combined miles between the 2 in almost 5 years I have never felt unsafe or threatened by anyone that could not see me. There is much more mass to a Velomobile than a 2 wheeled bike and the lights I use can be seen for a mile. If someone doesn’t see me it’s not because they can’t see me, it’s because they are not paying attention and that could happen on any bike, 2, 3 or 4 wheels.

I think you owe it to yourself to try one out as the speed and comfort are addicting, to me a Velomobile is the king of bikes. You are out of the elements and head winds become a thing of the past, rain, well, I don’t like it but it is a whole lot more enjoyable to ride than no cover when riding a DF bike. Winter, I ride down into the single digits F with far less clothes than you would need on a DF bike. You will blow past roadies with ease, they are not as hot in the summer as you would think because you are in the shade given the right roof you would use. Sorry to go on but give one a try and I am sure you will be smiling for quite some time!
Likes For Bizman: