View Single Post
Old 01-17-21, 08:07 AM
2500W

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Lutz Hesslich, his son and his winning Textima of 1980s. He once rode a match sprint in 9.98 s. Some interesting geometry numbers I extracted include a 439mm reach at a 554mm stack and a 608 mm front-centre, i.e. pretty longer than traditional Italian-Japanese geometry. Now, Lutz only expressed regret for "completely nonsensical gears, with a cadence of up to 170rpm" they use in 80s (an article in German >>).

I am very impressed by new track geometry consistently presented by Look, Koga, BT, and Argon 18, especially in their elite models. I was eager to buy an aluminium frameset that resembles this geometry such as Fuji Elite (cons., complete bike only), Thunderdome (complete, currently not available in Europe), or Jorbi Omnium Al (they did not respond, now doubled the price, and no info on loading it with a 117-kg rider).

However, Hesslich was in his prime until the age of 28; and Hoy -- until 36. I am 56-57 yo enthusiast and probably most of us in this forum are well over 36 yo. I started to ride regularly in mid 2017. Last year I injured my lower back after adding 92mm handlebar reach plus 140mm quill-stem to the 411mm frame reach. So IMO old guys should stretch their bikes and themselves very carefully. And please do not spurt against the wind and handle the drops simultaneously.

Last edited by 2500W; 01-22-21 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Textima, not Texima