View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 10:47 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
If the OP is concerned about the aesthetics of a couple of spacers in a new headset, then he's probably going to be really off about using a threadless headset. Besides that, a 1" threadless headset is a rare breed these days. I have one on my Bilenky, and its a Chris King. Expensive, and I wish it was a 1" threaded instead. It would make life a whole lot easier.
hence why i'd also suggest making a threaded into threadless possibility. i did this to an old campy headset because i had a fork i wanted to use where the unthreaded steerer section was longer than the head tube. worked great as a threadless headset and looked like a threaded

1" threadless headsets are not uncommon. not sure where you get that idea. i picked up a ritchey for $25 or so on ebay not long ago. saw plenty of others, too. as well, the ritchey sets are on amazon, but they suck more than anyone else in the world