View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 12:00 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by Jno
I have read several threads in which most posters rave about Brooks saddles but realize I have no idea if those posts are mostly from men. My wife is considering the B17 short (the “women’s model”) now. Its lack of a cutout makes me wonder if Brooks love is less likely with a woman’s anatomy, and if she should look elsewhere. I invite the response of any female reader of this post who has experience of Brooks saddles who can speak to its woman-specific comfort or lack of comfort.
Like any seat, for male or female, if it is too high, too far forward, or of reach is too great for the particular rider, you will have pain. Fit issues like that are noticed more with a seat like a Brooks, since there is no cutout, and the material is, at least initially, harder. If you replace a seat with a Brooks, most likely the Brooks will sit higher off the rails, meaning you will have to lower the seat. As long as you have the seat height correct for you, and the reach is not too great. it will be fine. In fact, the majority of seat issues in general, are due to fit, and not the seat itself.

My wife has the short B17, made for women, and she has no issues.