View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 06:54 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Jno
I have read several threads in which most posters rave about Brooks saddles but realize I have no idea if those posts are mostly from men. My wife is considering the B17 short (the “women’s model”) now. Its lack of a cutout makes me wonder if Brooks love is less likely with a woman’s anatomy, and if she should look elsewhere. I invite the response of any female reader of this post who has experience of Brooks saddles who can speak to its woman-specific comfort or lack of comfort.
Curious way to phrase a question.

A saddle, whether cut out or not, isn't inherently more comfortable for a specific gender.
As for a women's brooks saddle, I have one of them and a regular non 'S' brooks. Both are C17 saddles and I cant tell the difference between them. One has a slightly shorter nose...ok then, not sure why that is marketed as a women's feature, but whatever.
There are men's saddles with shorter noses than the women's brooks saddle.

Its all just general categories and nothing is firm. A woman can use a saddle without a cutout(this should be obvious) if she likes it.