View Single Post
Old 01-23-21, 05:20 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by KC8QVO
I'm looking for a cone wrench set that covers between 13-17mm at least. I'll probably get 2 so I have 2 of each size.

Any ideas on the double ended ones vs. the single ended ones? I could see where having 1 set would be problematic if you needed one size of each that is on the same wrench, but with 2 sets that would give me 2 of each size regardless of what wrench the size is on.
My current set is Kingsbridge and Sugino both of which are of quality but vintage and no longer produced. A double ended one is not a bad idea at all I am fine with mine being double ended saves space and weight in my toolbox. The Park DCW-1 - 3 would be a good solid set of cone wrenches I probably wouldn't look cheaper than that but if I wanted alternatives, Hozan and Pedro's make some solid tools or even the Campagnolo set would get you close (though I don't know that they do a 17)

Like with any tool buy the absolute best you can unless using as a disposable tool set or one that is used in very very very very very rare circumstances that are not essential. Life is too short for crap tools.