Old 06-25-19, 11:35 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
You retired? Congratulations! I tell you ... I'm feeling what my son calls the "cold hand of death" on my shoulder and wondering when I should retire.

I actually like riding in warmer weather than most ... at least out here where it is dry enough so that a cooling breeze evaporates perspiration. For me, it's a matter of making sure my electrolytes are within range (I use Endurolytes), and adjusting my pace accordingly. I drink when I'm thirsty and leave it at that.
I’ve always tolerated the heat well until just recently. I just started using my Endurolyte capsules while playing golf. I was running through 4-5 cycling bottles of water every 18 holes and realized that I probably needed to supplement with electrolytes. I told my golf buddies they were steroids to help me hit the ball further!!! I do think the electrolytes are helping me maintain more energy after the rounds.

@bigjohn-same here on the Vitamin D. I’m out in the sun for hours every day and extremely well tanned, but the doctor wants me to add more vitamin D???

Don’t my legs look like they are tanned?